UCCS will close early for evening classes Feb. 3 as snow falls over Colorado Springs.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 6 p.m. Classes that are in progress at 6 p.m. may meet until that time. Shuttle buses will run until 6:30 p.m.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in the Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlertsfor updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.
UCCS Police will be conducting
a campus wide lockdown drill today. The lockdown drill is designed to
evaluate UCCS emergency preparedness for an active shooter/threat event.
The drill will be observed by UCCS Police and support staff. There will
not be a police response to classrooms during the drill. This is an
opportunity to evaluate the training that has been delivered across campus for
the Standard Response Protocol.
An Alert message
will be sent to identify the start of the drill and here is what we ask you to
- Stop what you are doing immediately.
- When you hear it. Do it. Lockdown! Locks, Lights, Out of Sight!
- Students – Move away from sight. Maintain silence. Prepare to evade or defend.
- Staff – Lock interior doors. Turn out the lights. Move away from sight. Do not open the door.
- Maintain silence. Prepare to evade or defend.
- Persons with disabilities should be assisted to a safe location.
Due to the 2-hour delay, all finals have been pushed back one time slot from the original posted schedule. Below is the updated final exam schedule for Dec. 16, 2019:
- 10:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 8 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
- MW, 8 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- MW, 8 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
- 12:40-2:40 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 9:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- M, 10:50 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- MW, 9:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- MW, 10:50 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- 3-5 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 12:15-2:55 p.m.
- M, 1:40-4:20 p.m.
- MW, 12:15-2:55 p.m.
- MW, 1:40-2:55 p.m.
- 5:20-7:20 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- F, 8-10:40 a.m.
- F, 9:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- 7:40-9:40 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 4:45 – 7:20 p.m.
- M, 6:05 – 7:20 p.m.
- MW, 4:45 – 7:20 p.m.
- MW, 6:05 – 7:20 p.m.
- 10 p.m. – 12 a.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 7:30 – 10:05 p.m.
- MW, 7:30 – 8:45 p.m.
- MW, 7:30 – 10:05 p.m.
- MWF classes meet according to the MW schedule.
- MTWR classes meet on either MW or TR schedule, but the exact date must be announced during week 1 of the term.
Finals for the rest of the week will remain as scheduled.
UCCS closed due to weather impacts. Offices are closed and all classes and activities are cancelled for the day.
UCCS delayed start Tuesday November 26. Office hours,classes,activities prior to 12PM/NOON are CANCELLED. Free parking main campus after 12pm/noon.
UCCS closing Friday, November 22nd due to weather impacts, all classes & activities are CANCELLED.
UCCS delayed start Friday, November 22nd. Office hours, classes, activities prior to 10 AM CANCELLED. Normal operations resume at 10 AM.
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Pueblo CO
312 PM MST Wed Nov 6 2019
Northern El Paso County/Monument Ridge/Rampart Range Below 7500 Feet-
Colorado Springs Vicinity/Southern El Paso County/Rampart Range Below 7400 Feet-
312 PM MST Wed Nov 6 2019
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM MST THURSDAY…
- WHAT…Freezing fog and freezing drizzle. Additional ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph this evening.
- WHERE…Northern El Paso County/Monument Ridge/Rampart Range Below 7500 Feet and Colorado Springs Vicinity/Southern El Paso County/Rampart Range Below 7400 Feet.
- WHEN…Until 8 AM MST Thursday.
- IMPACTS…Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the late evening and early morning evening commute.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. Prepare for possible power outages.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Campus will open at 10 a.m. on Wednesday October 30 due to heavy snowfall in the region. Classes, activities and events scheduled before 10 a.m. are cancelled. Please make safe choices for commute and bundle up for frigid temperatures
The campus shuttle bus system will begin operation at 9:15 a.m. The University Center will open at 9:15 a.m. The Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall will open on time at 7 a.m. for on-campus students living in the residence halls.
UCCS will close early Oct. 29 as another round of winter weather moved into the region today.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 4:30 p.m. Classes that are still in progress at 4:30 p.m. may meet for the first part of the class period, but must end at 4:30 p.m.
Campus will close at 5 p.m., and all activities that start at or after 5 p.m. are cancelled. The last shuttle to Lot 580 will leave central campus at 5:15 p.m.
Employees and students are encouraged to use their discretion if they need to leave sooner. Work with your faculty or supervisor to discuss alternatives.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in The Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m., and Alpine Express until 10 p.m. All other dining areas and buildings will close at 5 p.m.