UCCS will close for all classes and activities for Tuesday, Feb. 18, as a strong winter storm impacted travel conditions across Colorado Springs and El Paso County.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will access to the dining facilities Tuesday. The Lodge and Roaring Fork dining facilities will operate continuous dining through 7 p.m. tonight.
UCCS Alert: UCCS closing Monday, February 10 due to winter storm and deteriorating conditions. All classes & activities scheduled after 10pm are CANCELLED.
UCCS Alert: UCCS closing Friday, February 7 at 1:30 pm, due to deteriorating conditions. Classes & activities after 1:30 pm are CANCELLED.
UCCS will open at 10 a.m. All classes and activities that started before 10 a.m. are cancelled. We know that road conditions vary widely across the region, and if you feel that you can’t make it safely to campus, please contact your faculty member or supervisor to make arrangements.
UCCS Alert: UCCS delayed start Friday, February 7th. Office hours, classes, activities prior to 10:00 AM CANCELLED. Normal operations will resume at 10 AM.
UCCSAlert: UCCS delayed start Tuesday 2/4/2020. Office hours,classes,activities prior to 10 AM are CANCELLED. Normal operations will resume at 10 AM.
UCCS will close early for evening classes Feb. 3 as snow falls over Colorado Springs.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 6 p.m. Classes that are in progress at 6 p.m. may meet until that time. Shuttle buses will run until 6:30 p.m.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in the Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlertsfor updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.