UCCS will open at 10 a.m. All classes and activities that started before 10 a.m. are cancelled. We know that road conditions vary widely across the region, and if you feel that you can’t make it safely to campus, please contact your faculty member or supervisor to make arrangements.
UCCS Alert: UCCS delayed start Friday, February 7th. Office hours, classes, activities prior to 10:00 AM CANCELLED. Normal operations will resume at 10 AM.
UCCSAlert: UCCS delayed start Tuesday 2/4/2020. Office hours,classes,activities prior to 10 AM are CANCELLED. Normal operations will resume at 10 AM.
UCCS will close early for evening classes Feb. 3 as snow falls over Colorado Springs.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 6 p.m. Classes that are in progress at 6 p.m. may meet until that time. Shuttle buses will run until 6:30 p.m.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in the Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlertsfor updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.
UCCS Police will be conducting a campus wide lockdown drill today. The lockdown drill is designed to evaluate UCCS emergency preparedness for an active shooter/threat event. The drill will be observed by UCCS Police and support staff. There will not be a police response to classrooms during the drill. This is an opportunity to evaluate the training that has been delivered across campus for the Standard Response Protocol.
An Alert message will be sent to identify the start of the drill and here is what we ask you to do:
- Stop what you are doing immediately.
- When you hear it. Do it. Lockdown! Locks, Lights, Out of Sight!
- Students – Move away from sight. Maintain silence. Prepare to evade or defend.
- Staff – Lock interior doors. Turn out the lights. Move away from sight. Do not open the door.
- Maintain silence. Prepare to evade or defend.
- Persons with disabilities should be assisted to a safe location.
Due to the 2-hour delay, all finals have been pushed back one time slot from the original posted schedule. Below is the updated final exam schedule for Dec. 16, 2019:
- 10:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 8 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
- MW, 8 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- MW, 8 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
- 12:40-2:40 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 9:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- M, 10:50 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- MW, 9:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- MW, 10:50 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- 3-5 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 12:15-2:55 p.m.
- M, 1:40-4:20 p.m.
- MW, 12:15-2:55 p.m.
- MW, 1:40-2:55 p.m.
- 5:20-7:20 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- F, 8-10:40 a.m.
- F, 9:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- 7:40-9:40 p.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 4:45 – 7:20 p.m.
- M, 6:05 – 7:20 p.m.
- MW, 4:45 – 7:20 p.m.
- MW, 6:05 – 7:20 p.m.
- 10 p.m. – 12 a.m. Classes that normally meet:
- M, 7:30 – 10:05 p.m.
- MW, 7:30 – 8:45 p.m.
- MW, 7:30 – 10:05 p.m.
- MWF classes meet according to the MW schedule.
- MTWR classes meet on either MW or TR schedule, but the exact date must be announced during week 1 of the term.
Finals for the rest of the week will remain as scheduled.
UCCS closed due to weather impacts. Offices are closed and all classes and activities are cancelled for the day.
UCCS delayed start Tuesday November 26. Office hours,classes,activities prior to 12PM/NOON are CANCELLED. Free parking main campus after 12pm/noon.
UCCS closing Friday, November 22nd due to weather impacts, all classes & activities are CANCELLED.
UCCS delayed start Friday, November 22nd. Office hours, classes, activities prior to 10 AM CANCELLED. Normal operations resume at 10 AM.