The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for our area from midnight to 9:00pm on Saturday, March 26, 2016. Stay tuned in to the latest forecast details, particularly if you have travel plans during the period. More details can be found at www.weather.gov/pub
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT
TONIGHT TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER
* LOCATION...SOUTHERN EL PASO COUNTIES.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...A MOIST PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM WILL SPREAD
SNOW ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY...WHICH COULD
BECOME LOCALLY HEAVY AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY THIS EVENING
THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...2 TO 5 INCHES.
* WIND...NORTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH.
* IMPACT...ROADS WILL BECOME SLICK...SNOWPACKED AND ICY WITH
RAPIDLY CHANGING CONDITIONS UNDER THE HEAVIER SNOW BANDS THIS
EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.
Campus is open and operating as scheduled for Thursday, March 24, 2016.
UCCSAlert: UCCS will be closing at 1:00pm on Wed, March 23, 2016 due to hazardous weather. Classes and activities after 1:00pm today are CANCELLED.
- Dining and Food Services will be operating to serve residents according to the spring break schedule at the Lodge
- Police and dispatch operations remain available should you need their services
- Resident Assistants are available for assistance with housing issues
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for campus until 6:00pm this evening. Additionally, a High Wind Warning is also in effect for our area until 6:00pm.
- If you are planning to travel, stay up to date with the latest forecast information by visiting www.weather.gov/pub, and the latest travel conditions by visiting www.cotrip.org
- Drive safely in areas of strong cross winds
- Secure outdoor items which may become airborne, or be damaged, by high winds