The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning, in effect from 11:00am to 8:00pm today. A Red Flag Warning is issued when warm temperatures, strong winds, low humidity, and dry fuels are likely to contribute to high fire danger in the affected area.
- Avoid outdoor burning or using open flames
- Properly dispose of smoking materials in approved and secured containers
- Call 719.255.3111 immediately if you observe smoke or flames on campus properties, or 911 if at an off-campus location
Additionally, a High Wind Warning is in effect until 5:00am on Friday, February 19th. A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is occurring or is expected. While strong and gusty winds are likely over all of Colorado Springs, the area of greatest impact will be near and/or west of I-25.
- Drive safely in areas of strong cross winds
- Secure outdoor items which may become airborne, or be damaged, by high winds